Session Presentations (Invited, Focus, Contributed, Tutorial, Short Course)
Please read through all of the following instructions for uploading your presentation slides and other critical pieces of information to prepare.
Additionally you must:
- Attend the meeting in Las Vegas to present your presentation live.
- Check the date and time of your presentation in Epitome or the Meetings@APS mobile app. Times and room locations may have changed since your author notice.
- Arrive at your assigned presentation room 30 minutes prior to the session.
Upload Your Presentation Slides
To ensure a smooth on-site experience with thousands of presenters, we ask that you choose from the following two options for uploading your PowerPoint presentation in advance:
- Upload your PPT slides to the speaker interface, Orchestrate: You benefit from not having to spend time uploading in a Speaker Ready Room.
- Upload your PPT slides on-site in a Speaker Ready Room, Room 133 or 416: You must upload at least three hours before your talk time.
Uploading in advance through Orchestrate or the Speaker Ready Room means your slides will be ready in your session room on the APS computer for an easy start to your presentation. Presenting from your personal laptop is discouraged.
Presentation Format Details
Because APS will be utilizing PC computers in the session rooms, slide decks need to be in PowerPoint (.ppt or .pptx). PDFs are also accepted. Apple Keynote will not function properly on APS computers.
An email with your login information and these instructions was sent to you. To upload your PowerPoint slides, please use the following steps:
- Have your APS Web Account information ready and be sure you are registered for the meeting.
- Access the speaker system through My Scheduler using your APS credentials. You must be registered for the conference or you will not be able to access the system.
- Select “Upload Presentation,” which will bring you into the Orchestrate interface.
- Name your files with your Session ID and Last Name. (Example: 3A 00001 Smith.pptx.
You will receive a confirmation email within an hour. If you do not receive a confirmation, please check your spam folder first before contacting Orchestrate. Please reference APS March Meeting 2023 as the event name and provide the presenter’s full name.
Speaker Ready Room
Visit the Speaker Ready Rooms in Room 133 or Room 416 in Caesars Forum.
Here you can practice your presentation and upload your PowerPoint or PDF slides to the presentation management system at least three hours before speaking. Speaker Ready Room hours are:
- Sunday, March 5: 2:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, March 6 – Thursday: 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 10: 7:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
All session rooms are equipped with the following AV equipment:
- PC computer
- LCD projector
- Projection screen
- Lapel microphone
- Laser pointer
- Slide advancer (clicker)
- HDMI switcher (please bring your own adapter if necessary)
If you have questions or need additional equipment, please email APS Meetings.
- The maximum size for printed posters is 96 inches (243 cm) wide by 48 inches (121 cm) tall.
- Bring your poster to the Exhibition Floor at or after 10:00 a.m. on the day of your presentation.
- In-person presenters should upload a one-page PDF of their poster, along with an optional five-minute video explaining the information. Virtual attendees will view your poster online and leave questions for you to answer. This is a great way to expand the audience viewing your research. You can find detailed instructions on uploading your poster and video to the virtual platform on the virtual presenter instructions page.
- Log in to the virtual meeting platform March 20–22 to answer questions from virtual attendees.