Chaired by Maria Longobardi of the University of Basel, Switzerland, this informative and entertaining discussion will feature speakers working at the innovative intersections of science and art.
The Committee on Informing the Public (CIP) and Forum on Engaging the Public (FOEP) present a discussion on physics and the arts.
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:06 p.m.: James Kakalios of the University of Minnesota will speak on "The Art and Science of Superheroes."
- 12:06 p.m. - 12: 42 p.m.: Jessamyn Fairfield will discuss "Comedy as a Tool for the Democratization of Knowledge" through the work of Bright Club Ireland, a research comedy project.
- 12:42 p.m. - 1:18 p.m.: Physicist and circus artist Julia Ruth will speak on "Finding Center: A Balancing Act between Circus and Science."
- 1:18 p.m. - 1:54 p.m.: Agnes Chavez will explain "Communicating Science through Immersive Mixed Reality (IMR) Experiences" in the work of STEMarts Lab.
- 1:54 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.: Agnes Mocsy of Michigan State University will give the final presentation.