Abstract submissions are now open.
APS March Meeting 2022 is now accepting nominations for invited speakers and invited symposia. Please keep the following in mind as you prepare your nominations:
An invited symposium consists of five 36-minute invited talks. In your nomination, you can list up to two alternate speakers in the event that one of the original five ends up not able to speak.
Please attempt to get tentative confirmations from the speakers you are nominating. Speaker nominations that would otherwise be highly desirable, may have a higher likelihood of rejection if there is no tentative confirmation.
Please also attempt to get a tentative confirmation from a potential chair of your session. You are welcome to serve as chair of your nominated session if you wish.
All units develop their invited speaker roster in their own way. Not all units seek general nominations. Nominations to a unit not listed might not be considered.
You may submit a nomination for any of the following units:
- Division of Condensed Matter Physics (DCMP)
- Division of Materials Physics (DMP)
- Division of Quantum Information (DQI)
- Division of Soft Matter (DSOFT)
- Division of Polymer Physics (DPOLY)
- Division of Atomic, Molecular & Optical Physics (DAMOP)
- Forum on International Physics (FIP)
- Forum on Graduate Student Affairs (FGSA)
- Topical Group on Magnetism and its Applications (GMAG)
- Topical Group on the Physics of Climate (GPC)
- Topical Group on Energy Research and Applications (GERA)
- Topical Group on Instrument and Measurement Science (GIMS)
All nominations submitted to a participating unit will be reviewed by the organizers for the unit to which it was submitted. Each unit has a limited number of invited speaker slots available. Acceptance and selection of nominations is at the sole discretion of the unit organizers. APS staff does not accept or reject any nominations.
Serving a diverse and inclusive community of physicists worldwide is a primary goal for APS. Nominations of women, members of underrepresented minority groups, and scientists from outside the United States are especially encouraged.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT NOMINATIONS IS FRIDAY, AUGUST 13, 2021