Sorting categories: Topics & subfields
Before submitting your abstract, APS asks that you carefully review the sorting categories to determine which ones best fit your research. Choosing the appropriate sorting categories for your work can help to target your work to the appropriate audiences at March Meeting 2024.
The sorting categories also represent the breadth of the topics and branches of physics discussed at March Meeting 2024.
Meeting & presentation dates
All presentations will be held March 3-8, 2024. As part of the submission process you must select wither you wish to share your research in-person or virtually. You may update your selection up until the abstract deadline of October 20.
- In-person presentations will be given at the Minneapolis Convention Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and recorded.
- Virtual presentations will be given completely online to a virtual, remote audience and recorded.
Abstract types & submission guidelines
Resolving abstract submission issues
Difficulties in submission can easily be resolved by ensuring:
- Your APS membership is up-to-date and active, or
- Your reciprocal society membership is updated in the APS membership platform
Once you are logged in:
- Check your APS membership in the Summary Membership Status section on the home screen. Active memberships will have a “Yes” in the Member field.
- View and edit your reciprocal society membership, if applicable, at the bottom of the Edit My APS Demographics section.
Important note: Log out of the abstract system and log back in to submit an abstract after completing the steps in this section.
If you are not yet an APS member or if your membership is inactive, please review the following:
- If you're not yet an APS member, we invite you to join APS today.
- If your APS membership is inactive, please consult our membership services.
- For additional assistance regarding your membership, please contact the APS Membership team.
Tips & advice for abstracts & presentations
When considering how best to submit your abstract and present your research, you may want to review the following APS resources:
Questions about abstract submissions
If you have specific questions about the abstract submission process for March Meeting 2024, please contact APS Meetings.